Rotterdam - Tax Technology Supervisor
Tax Technology Supervisor
Do you want to be part of a team that leads projects/initiatives to help reduce risk, increase data integrity, enhance data management and manipulation control, streamline processes, and boost overall employee effectiveness? Do you think critically and creatively, and do you understand tax concepts as well as envisioning ideal future states? Welcome at LyondellBasell!
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. Our products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Worldwide Tax Department at LyondellBasell (LYB) is a collection of over 80 tax professionals located in multiple countries working diligently to comply with regulatory requirements whilst striving to enhance shareholder value. The tax department duties entail timely filing of all statutory compliance, accounting for the financial statement impact of taxes, assessing new legislation, organizational change management as well as in depth reporting and analysis of tax implications in the US and other international jurisdictions.?
As a Tax Technology Supervisor, you assist the Tax Technology team in supporting the Worldwide Tax Department. This role will be responsible for assisting in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of tax department processes by leveraging existing technology and identifying and implementing new technology as appropriate. Responsibilities also include fulfilling projects from the strategic and operating Tax Technology plan, as well as interfacing with internal & external customers, information management, and other key stakeholders within the company.
You are always ethically minded with a desire to serve others in a safe and professional manner. The tax department culture is one of trust, respect, continuous learning, innovation, accountability, and process improvement; all working toward a view of balance personally and professionally. Therefore, you are self-motivated, take initiative, identifies and addresses issues, work efficiently with attention to detail. You have a strong aptitude to learn emerging or developed technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or Computer Information Systems.
- At least five years’ experience in a large corporate tax technology environment or big 4/large market accounting firm.
- CPA, PMP, Lean Six Sigma or relevant IT certification – highly preferred.
- In depth Indirect tax experience is required.
- Flexibility to accommodate multiple time zones in order to support a global department.
- Capable of interfacing directly with IT to communicate support needed and resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments from various subgroups within the Tax department.
Demonstrates relevant experience in the following
- Indirect Tax and ERP software such as Vertex, HFM and SAP (superuser).
- Data warehousing, process improvements, data blending, and data analytics.
- Supporting software in the capacity of Administrator which includes but is not limited to adding/removing users, maintaining security, configuring system, etc.
- Microsoft Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge (complex formulas).
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Should you be interested in this vacancy / opportunity, please contact Jeroen Perebooms @ +31641251254 or firstname.lastname@example.org